This website collects data via blog comments (name, email), WordPress site stats and cookies (how you found the website, which internal links embedded in the website you clicked on), and newsletter sign ups (name, email address).
If you don’t leave comments on my blog or sign up for my newsletter, I won’t have your name and/or email address. If you surf the web anonymously, I’ll have no idea how found my website, although I might be able to still see which of my pages you clicked on — however, this data is not personally identifiable to you.
Information is collected in two ways:
– Information you provide. This is personally identifiable information.
– Information collected through typical website operations. This is not personally identifiable information.
Information You Provide (Personally Identifiable Information)
Commenting on blog posts
– If you comment on any of my blog posts, you should be aware that anything you post and any personally identifiable information you disclose in blog comments will be available for others to see, via the internet, around the world.
– If you have a WordPress account and are logged in when commenting on this website, your WordPress public profile information will be displayed.
Subscribing to my blog
If you subscribe to my blog, I will have your email address.
Newsletter sign up
If you sign up for my newsletter, I will require your email address and your first name, so I can send you my newsletter and personalize it to your name. You may provide your last name if you choose.
If you are a non-EU citizen, you may sign up for my newsletter via this link.
If you are an EU citizen and want to sign up for my newsletter, you must use this GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)-compliant form.
I use a third party application for newsletter services. I have no control over and am not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third party applications.
From time to time, I may run a contest on my website using a third party applications. Typically information requested to enter the contest is name and email address so I can contact the winner. I have no control over and am not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third party applications.
Information Collected Automatically (NOT Personally Identifiable Information)
Like most websites, my website collects data that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as IP address, referring site, date and time of access, geographic location of access. Generic log information is collected whenever you use this website, but this is not personally identifiable to you.
Comments on blog posts
Besides data specified above, if you comment on my blog, your IP address is collected and stored. This is done as a spam preventative.
As of May 2018, my blog posts have a mandatory consent check box so commenters understand what information they are revealing when they leave a comment.
This website collects information about your usage of this website. This includes:
– How you found the website (e.g., Google search, or link on another website).
– Which internal links you clicked on (i.e., pages within kammerotica.com).
– Which external links you clicked on.
This website participates in several book retailer affiliate programs: Amazon Associates, Barnes & Noble Affiliates, Kobo Affiliates. The purpose of these programs is to monetize this website. If you click on one of my affiliate-coded links and end up purchasing a product from the retailer, I will receive a small commission.
Please note that in the particular case of Amazon Associates, their program tracks all purchases – not just book purchases – performed once accessing their site via my affiliate code. However, there is no personally identifiable information associated with these transactions.
Cookies and Other Technologies
This website does not use tracking (e.g. pixel) technology.
How Information Is Used
Information gathered as mentioned above is used:
– To better understand how users interact with this website, which helps me improve content.
– To protect the security of this website: to detect and prevent fraudulent behavior and other illegal activities and fight spam.
Is information shared?
Your personal information will not be shared except to comply with the law.
Your personal information will not be sold.
How you can limit your information
You have several choices when it comes to your information:
– Browse the web and visit my website anonymously.
– Limit the information you provide: If you choose to comment on a blog post, you can choose not to login to a WordPress account, or limit what information you provide (which email address, name, etc.).
– Unsubscribe from or don’t subscribe to my newsletter. An unsubscribe link is provided at the bottom of every newsletter I send out.
– Unsubscribe from or don’t subscribe to my blog.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is in compliance with COPPA.
CAN SPAM Act
Kammerotica News is in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act.
P.O. Box 1962
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Last updated: 22 May 2018